Intercessors are spiritual watchmen
Isa 62:6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence, 7 And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
Considers these qualities of a watchman that I find very necessary to all intercessors;
- A watchman is always awake when others are asleep.
- A watchman is always alert.
- A watchman will stay on a watch tower.
- A watchman blows the whistle when attacked.
- A watchman keeps his eyes focused/always open.
- A watchman keeps going round the area his/she is guarding.
From the above qualities, it is evident that intercessors need to be very serious people in the ministry. They ought to be spiritually awake and always focused on the ministry. They are people that need to be always in the upper room where their spiritual antennae would be in a watch tower.
That is, they can be in a position to spiritually monitor, scan and discern the ministry environment for any forthcoming danger. They are the whistle blower in a sense that they inform the church of the fore coming danger or crisis and encourage it to take the necessary actions.